We don’t collect personally identifiable information unless you explicitly give it, and even then it’s just so we can send you an email when there is new art.
For more nitty gritty read the following.
Who we are
Bestilled is owned and operated by Joseph Westrupp, who may be contacted at [email protected]
Our website address is: https://bestilled.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
This site uses:
- Functional cookies set by the web host for routing server traffic. These are anonymous and expire when your browsing session ends.
- Opt-in cookies for the purpose of saving your name, email address, and website if you leave a comment. These are so that you don’t have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies last one year.
- Cookies set by Google Analytics, which last for two years, and are for the purpose of monitoring website traffic. (Basically to see what people are looking at on the site, when, and from what regions.) We get no personally identifiable information from Google, and they get none from this site (according to their policy page here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245).
- The Pinterest share button. If you choose to use it, you’re subject to Pinterest’s cookies and their respective policies which can be read here: https://policy.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy.
- A modal email opt-in form by Mailchimp, which sets cookies in accordance with the policy here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/cookies/.
For details about how to control cookies, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and set most browsers to prevent them from being placed (which will likely affect some functionality).
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
My newsletter service is provided by Mailchimp, who host any names and email addresses entered through bestilled.com. Here are their policies on cookies and tracking: https://mailchimp.com/legal/cookies/, on security: https://mailchimp.com/about/security/, and on privacy: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
Aside from with MailChimp for the express purpose of their email service, personally identifiable data is not shared.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely, the latter so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Names and email addresses signed up for the Bestilled newsletter are retained indefinitely, unless you request otherwise.
What rights you have over your data
If you leave comments or sign up to the newsletter, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
As mentioned, names and emails for the Bestilled newsletter are sent to Mailchimp (https://mailchimp.com/).